The Thompsons

Just us...and my thoughts

Friday, November 18, 2005

Christmas Music

So this morning, I went to Wal-Mart to try to find Kyle Civilization IV. While I was there I picked up some new Christmas CDs.

Yes, I know its not even Decemeber yet, but I think I need to be gearing up for Christmas. So that being said, I am sitting here listening to Bing Crosby sing White Christmas and reflecting on childhood christmases. My mom used to have this box of christmas records. It had some great christmas songs in it. Bing Crosby, Glen Campbell, Lena Horn, Nat Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, Frank Sintra, and so many more. I grew up listening to those albums. Now every year I look for CDs with those songs on them. Someday I may actually find a box set identical to the one my Mom had. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My favorite Christmas Songs:

The Christmas Song
Carol of the Bells
Little Drummer Boy
Do You Hear What I Hear?

and my all time favorite (if sung correctly)
O Holy Night

I also really love Kenny and Dolly's Christmas Album
Dolly Parton wrote this beautiful christmas song about the birth of christ and it gives me chills everytime she sings it.

Ok I confess I love all christmas songs, they just make me happy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home