Better late than never...
So almost a week ago I said I would reply to this tag from April, however life seems to have gotten in the way again. Between work, the car, and home life has been crazy.
Work - I have been trying to stay focused and get one project finished and another started.
Car-talk about car drama, it will not pass inspection, I got a tune up/oil change, I drove it around like they asked, now I have a choice of cleaning some valve (I didn't understand the gobbly gook they said but the gist was there is a valve that controls the intake of air and helps regulate where the "bad" air goes) or getting the cadilliac converter changed (ouch) so I am keeping my fingers crossed the cleaning is enough to make it pass.
Home-we had direct tv installed, so we have done nothing but watch tv for the last week (I had not realized how much I missed TV) but hopefully we will be getting back to playing online (I miss April and Vern) soon.
So here is the reply finally to April's tag:
The rules for this particular tagging are as follows:
Remove the blog name in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add yourself to the bottom slot.
Holly
Kristi
Erin
April P.
Julie
Then you get to select five people to pass the love on to. Since everyone I know has completed this, I will go generic:
1. he
2. she
3. it
4. you
5. they
Here are the questions.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
February 1996.
Well, as far as I remember, I was working in Las Vegas at Harrah's. I think I had just been promoted or was applying for the promotion to Front Desk Supervisor.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last February
Managing the Motel 6 in Kirkland,WA. Hating my job. Playing WoW alot.
Five snacks you enjoy (in no particular order, as all snacks are created equal):
Milano cookies
Reese's Peanut Butter cups
Dove Chocolate
Little Debbie snack cakes (doesn't matter I like them all)
White cheddar Cheez It's
Five songs to which you KNOW all the lyrics:
In the Moment- Sister Hazel
Accidentally in Love- Counting Crows
Don't Take the Girl - Tim McGraw
How do I Live - Trisha Yearwood
It must have been Love - Roxette
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Take my kids to Disneyland and Disneyworld
Go to College
Send Kyle to College
Go to Europe
Buy a 4 bedroom house with land.
Five bad habits:
Snacking at my computer.
Staying up way too late.
Swearing.
Losing touch with people I care about.
Mumbling
Five things you like doing:
writing
reading a good book
crossstiching
playing online games
listening to music
Five things you would never wear, buy, or get again:
bellbottoms
biker shorts
tube top
flourescent clothing of any kind
stirrup pants
Five favorite toys:
1. my computer
2. teamspeak
3. my husband (ha)
4. my dvd player
5. windows media player
First time you drove a car:
I drove my mom's car (stick shift) in the parking lot of the church down the street.
First time you scrapbooked:
never
First time you got on a plane:
My first flight I really remember was when we flew to the Philippines when my dad was transfered there. I am sure we flew before that but I don't remember it. That flight though took forever, we landed in Hawaii, then Guam, then finally the Philippines.
First time you shaved your legs:
I think I was 12 or 13, I know we lived in Oceanside on the base but I don't remember the age, I do know that I cut myself several times, until I figured out how to do it.
First time you put on make up:
I was 11 it was for my Dad's wedding to the evil step mom (though this probably doesn't count since someone did my makeup). I do know I looked very different. I have a picture somewhere, I thought I looked mysterious :) though the dress was the best part all lacy, white, with red roses. As for actually putting it on myself, I never thought it was important. Then I was 22, I was working in Vegas and had a friend show me how to put it on and not look like I was a show girl. It was the first time I had ever had my hair straightened as well, still love the way I looked that day. I don't wear makeup much, unless it is important and I need to look professional.
First time you moved out of your home:
I moved out of my mom's and moved in with Kyle in November of 92. We moved into an apartment with his brother, I thought it was the coolest place ever. We had a stackable washer dryer and I remember being so proud of doing "our" laundry. Silly girl, someone tell her it is just laundry!
Work - I have been trying to stay focused and get one project finished and another started.
Car-talk about car drama, it will not pass inspection, I got a tune up/oil change, I drove it around like they asked, now I have a choice of cleaning some valve (I didn't understand the gobbly gook they said but the gist was there is a valve that controls the intake of air and helps regulate where the "bad" air goes) or getting the cadilliac converter changed (ouch) so I am keeping my fingers crossed the cleaning is enough to make it pass.
Home-we had direct tv installed, so we have done nothing but watch tv for the last week (I had not realized how much I missed TV) but hopefully we will be getting back to playing online (I miss April and Vern) soon.
So here is the reply finally to April's tag:
The rules for this particular tagging are as follows:
Remove the blog name in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add yourself to the bottom slot.
Holly
Kristi
Erin
April P.
Julie
Then you get to select five people to pass the love on to. Since everyone I know has completed this, I will go generic:
1. he
2. she
3. it
4. you
5. they
Here are the questions.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
February 1996.
Well, as far as I remember, I was working in Las Vegas at Harrah's. I think I had just been promoted or was applying for the promotion to Front Desk Supervisor.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last February
Managing the Motel 6 in Kirkland,WA. Hating my job. Playing WoW alot.
Five snacks you enjoy (in no particular order, as all snacks are created equal):
Milano cookies
Reese's Peanut Butter cups
Dove Chocolate
Little Debbie snack cakes (doesn't matter I like them all)
White cheddar Cheez It's
Five songs to which you KNOW all the lyrics:
In the Moment- Sister Hazel
Accidentally in Love- Counting Crows
Don't Take the Girl - Tim McGraw
How do I Live - Trisha Yearwood
It must have been Love - Roxette
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Take my kids to Disneyland and Disneyworld
Go to College
Send Kyle to College
Go to Europe
Buy a 4 bedroom house with land.
Five bad habits:
Snacking at my computer.
Staying up way too late.
Swearing.
Losing touch with people I care about.
Mumbling
Five things you like doing:
writing
reading a good book
crossstiching
playing online games
listening to music
Five things you would never wear, buy, or get again:
bellbottoms
biker shorts
tube top
flourescent clothing of any kind
stirrup pants
Five favorite toys:
1. my computer
2. teamspeak
3. my husband (ha)
4. my dvd player
5. windows media player
First time you drove a car:
I drove my mom's car (stick shift) in the parking lot of the church down the street.
First time you scrapbooked:
never
First time you got on a plane:
My first flight I really remember was when we flew to the Philippines when my dad was transfered there. I am sure we flew before that but I don't remember it. That flight though took forever, we landed in Hawaii, then Guam, then finally the Philippines.
First time you shaved your legs:
I think I was 12 or 13, I know we lived in Oceanside on the base but I don't remember the age, I do know that I cut myself several times, until I figured out how to do it.
First time you put on make up:
I was 11 it was for my Dad's wedding to the evil step mom (though this probably doesn't count since someone did my makeup). I do know I looked very different. I have a picture somewhere, I thought I looked mysterious :) though the dress was the best part all lacy, white, with red roses. As for actually putting it on myself, I never thought it was important. Then I was 22, I was working in Vegas and had a friend show me how to put it on and not look like I was a show girl. It was the first time I had ever had my hair straightened as well, still love the way I looked that day. I don't wear makeup much, unless it is important and I need to look professional.
First time you moved out of your home:
I moved out of my mom's and moved in with Kyle in November of 92. We moved into an apartment with his brother, I thought it was the coolest place ever. We had a stackable washer dryer and I remember being so proud of doing "our" laundry. Silly girl, someone tell her it is just laundry!


1 Comments:
At 4:31 PM,
April said…
I'm sorry I haven't posted a hi as I've checked in - Hi Julie! Hi Kyle!
Miss you guys. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home