To Drive or not to Drive? ...That is the question.
It is has been a rough couple of months and gas prices haven't helped any. Thank goodness for Moms.
So why the Shakespeare reference...well I "carpooled" for the last two days with my dear friend Angi because I had no gas and no money (hence the thanks goodness for Mom thing :)). Now Angi and I hang all day at work and as much as I like spending time with her I realized when I walked in the door the first day that I need my quiet time.
The drive home is only ten minutes but it is the only time I have to decompress from work and turn "Mommy" on. I need it because walking in goes something like this...
"MOMMIEEEEE!" "Blah, blah, blah, blah," (Sadly I rarely remember what is said in those first few moments home). Then it is hugs, kisses for all, and "let me get settled".
Taking off my shoes is normally the next priority. Then did the dishes- done or not- is the next one. Dinner is usually third.
By the time dinner is started, I am finally not thinking about work anymore. I can chat with who ever is helping with dinner (or cooking-yay Kyle's cooking!).
The last few weeks with no games, we have fallen into this routine. After dinner it is clean up time, whether we actually do the dishes depends on how tired I am, but I have been trying to make sure they are done because I hate leaving them till the next day. Then I spend about 2 hours doing my homework. Watch a little tv or play some playstation and then its bed time.
But the point of the post, I really like driving. I realized it this morning on the way in. I am able to plan my day and think without being "Mommy", "Wife" or "Worker". I get to be just Julie.
So why the Shakespeare reference...well I "carpooled" for the last two days with my dear friend Angi because I had no gas and no money (hence the thanks goodness for Mom thing :)). Now Angi and I hang all day at work and as much as I like spending time with her I realized when I walked in the door the first day that I need my quiet time.
The drive home is only ten minutes but it is the only time I have to decompress from work and turn "Mommy" on. I need it because walking in goes something like this...
"MOMMIEEEEE!" "Blah, blah, blah, blah," (Sadly I rarely remember what is said in those first few moments home). Then it is hugs, kisses for all, and "let me get settled".
Taking off my shoes is normally the next priority. Then did the dishes- done or not- is the next one. Dinner is usually third.
By the time dinner is started, I am finally not thinking about work anymore. I can chat with who ever is helping with dinner (or cooking-yay Kyle's cooking!).
The last few weeks with no games, we have fallen into this routine. After dinner it is clean up time, whether we actually do the dishes depends on how tired I am, but I have been trying to make sure they are done because I hate leaving them till the next day. Then I spend about 2 hours doing my homework. Watch a little tv or play some playstation and then its bed time.
But the point of the post, I really like driving. I realized it this morning on the way in. I am able to plan my day and think without being "Mommy", "Wife" or "Worker". I get to be just Julie.


1 Comments:
At 10:17 PM,
Unknown said…
sure. Now I know how you really feel...
:) just joking. I can understand about the quiet time. I have the one hour drive for my decompression. That is one reason why I can handle Hurrican Saidy when I get home.
Post a Comment
<< Home