The good and the bad
So April asked if Warshade was fun. The answer is yes. Especially after playing all the way to 50. You feel really powerful in those higher levels and travel powers make getting here and there a breeze. So going into a Kheld is almost a new experience but you still feel like you are moving.
I played my warshade last night for about 2 hours, and then I went to help Sarah and her boyfriend (the couple I met two weekends ago). I logged in my Ill/Rad level 4. Running everywhere sucks. lol.
The best thing about the Khelds is the inherent travel power. If you start a Peacebringer you get flight as a starting power. If you start a Warshade you get teleport. Now granted, teleport is not the best travel power ever, but when you look at it compared to running through those red/purple mobs, it wins hands down.
I am almost level 9 with my warshade but am trying to not level until Sarah and Games(I still dont know his real name) catch up. Kyle is already 20 something with his peacebringer, he is enjoying it, he said he missed Grimby sometimes though when he is in Dwarf form. (the walking sound the dwarf makes is just like Grimby)
With the story arc for the Khelds, leveling is going so fast. I just finished my level 5 story arc and like I said I am almost level 9 (maybe three bars?). I have only done maybe 3 or 4 other missions for other contacts. I am on Heroic and worried I might still miss some badges.
I have died more than with any other character though because the bad thing about Khelds is the quantum/void stalkers. If you arent careful, and dont look for them they will kill you in a few shots. Plus they have a nasty stun that seems to have the only purpose of knocking you out of nova form. And if you get a group with a messer (Circle of Thorns anyone?) you can be dead before you say "what was that?".
The other cool thing is the Khelds start doing missions right away on some of the maps that you dont see until higher level (orenbega, rikti bases, council bases, outdoor) instead of the warehouse, office, blue cave only missions you usually are stuck in until the higher levels. So every mission you do in the story arc there is a chance to get one of those other type maps. Kinda breaks the monotony.
Nova form is a little tough to get used to at first, you are always flying and the flight seems to have this sliding component in it. Kyle says it gets better at the higher levels but it can take some getting used to until then. It makes killing things in areas where you can get up high and shoot down at them a breeze but close quarters (blue cave tunnels for example) can be headache inducing.
Well there you have it, the good and the bad. All in all I really like the khelds. :)
I played my warshade last night for about 2 hours, and then I went to help Sarah and her boyfriend (the couple I met two weekends ago). I logged in my Ill/Rad level 4. Running everywhere sucks. lol.
The best thing about the Khelds is the inherent travel power. If you start a Peacebringer you get flight as a starting power. If you start a Warshade you get teleport. Now granted, teleport is not the best travel power ever, but when you look at it compared to running through those red/purple mobs, it wins hands down.
I am almost level 9 with my warshade but am trying to not level until Sarah and Games(I still dont know his real name) catch up. Kyle is already 20 something with his peacebringer, he is enjoying it, he said he missed Grimby sometimes though when he is in Dwarf form. (the walking sound the dwarf makes is just like Grimby)
With the story arc for the Khelds, leveling is going so fast. I just finished my level 5 story arc and like I said I am almost level 9 (maybe three bars?). I have only done maybe 3 or 4 other missions for other contacts. I am on Heroic and worried I might still miss some badges.
I have died more than with any other character though because the bad thing about Khelds is the quantum/void stalkers. If you arent careful, and dont look for them they will kill you in a few shots. Plus they have a nasty stun that seems to have the only purpose of knocking you out of nova form. And if you get a group with a messer (Circle of Thorns anyone?) you can be dead before you say "what was that?".
The other cool thing is the Khelds start doing missions right away on some of the maps that you dont see until higher level (orenbega, rikti bases, council bases, outdoor) instead of the warehouse, office, blue cave only missions you usually are stuck in until the higher levels. So every mission you do in the story arc there is a chance to get one of those other type maps. Kinda breaks the monotony.
Nova form is a little tough to get used to at first, you are always flying and the flight seems to have this sliding component in it. Kyle says it gets better at the higher levels but it can take some getting used to until then. It makes killing things in areas where you can get up high and shoot down at them a breeze but close quarters (blue cave tunnels for example) can be headache inducing.
Well there you have it, the good and the bad. All in all I really like the khelds. :)


2 Comments:
At 11:55 AM,
April said…
Oh, they do sound like fun! Too bad I don't have anyone super close to 50. I stopped trying to solo my girls - most of them were sorta stuck without help. :p
Does Kyle have his computer up yet? Um I forget what else I was going to ask. So glad to hear y'all are having fun though. :)
At 12:37 PM,
Julie said…
Not yet on Kyle's computer. And when you guys come back, I will of course help whoever you want to get to 50 get there, and may even have 2 more people to help you guys :).
Miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home