The Thompsons

Just us...and my thoughts

Friday, April 13, 2007

Reminiscing

So last night while we were playing, Kyle and I were asking our buddy Ron about his wife playing. Somewhere in the conversation one of the other group members said something that made me reply, "Frigate and I have been gaming together for over 10 years". That got the question asked about if we had met online. Of course then I had to tell the cute story of how Kyle and I met.

It was the summer of '91. I was a cute 18 year old working the drive thru at Kentucky Fried Chicken. One day I came into work and one of the other girls told me our boss had hired two brothers, Kyle and Matt. Kyle and I ended up that winter working the day shift together. We would come in early before the store opened (he was usually there way before me) and make the mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, and coleslaw for the day. Then sometimes Kyle would sing through the headsets to me "The River" (Garth was the man of Country then) before the lunch rush and sometimes after the lunch rush depending. We became friends first. He was always a gentleman. When the barbeque hotwings came out, I could not stand the smell of the sauce. We had to make it every morning and it would literally make me gag. He would make it for me. Then, I quit to go work at the airport (better job) and lost touch with Kyle.

In August of '92, my mom went to the community pool party with my sister. Kyle was visiting friends that lived there and saw my mom. The next day Kyle came to my house. We have been together ever since. The only time we have been apart was when I went to Manager training.

We have been through alot. Living with family, kicking family out, no car, no computer, no jobs, losing a child, having children, getting jobs, moving, death of family members, fights, all-night gaming sessions, no money, lots of money, you name it we have done it. Together.

We have so much in common and just enough differences to make it work. Sometimes we fight but it is usually stress that starts it. Then we work it out. We can talk, laugh, play together and be happy.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I love you, Kyle Thompson. You are my rock, my warrior, my protector, my everything.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger April said…

    Awww... What a sweet post Julie. You two are so awesome! It's fun to hear your cute story again. :)

    Hugs!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home