Finished on the side of the road.
I have been reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I finished it finally. I was reading it only on the bus so it took me awhile to get through it. But when I hit the last chapter I couldn't make myself stop so I kept reading as I walked the rest of the way to work. So I finished reading it on the side of the road. I actually stopped and closed the book, took off my backpack and put the book inside and then said out loud. "WOW".
It was an interesting ride. Book one had me hooked all the way through. Since then I haven't been able to resist having the books. I have them all in hard back except the first two which I bought in the Scholastic paperback. I have enjoyed watching Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the gang grow up. The movies I didn't care too much for but only because some of my favorite little moments in the book were cut out to make the movie fit into the time. Goblet was pretty good and I will probably see the Order of the Phoenix, I will just sigh when I realize they take out some interesting tidbit. I have to find Azkaban and watch it though, cause I think I missed it.
As for the results, I saw the Snape thing coming (and the view of Lily was nice). The wand ownership thing was pretty interesting. I like how Harry aquired the Deathly Hallows. Glad he was able to "see" his parents and some of the others who died again. The conversation with the Professor was interesting. Dobby-made me cry. Luna Lovegood and her father are funny. Good ole Neville :). The epilogue was a nicely wrapped present. The traveling around was maybe too drawn out, but some interesting things happened along the way so I won't complain too loudly. and Go Kreacher! I liked him even though he was a bugger in the Order. I was mad at one of the deaths in the fight at the end, but I loved Mrs. Weasley's response to Bellatrix threatening Ginny. All in all, I have to say "Well done J."
Well there is my take on the book, hopefully without giving too much away.
It was an interesting ride. Book one had me hooked all the way through. Since then I haven't been able to resist having the books. I have them all in hard back except the first two which I bought in the Scholastic paperback. I have enjoyed watching Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the gang grow up. The movies I didn't care too much for but only because some of my favorite little moments in the book were cut out to make the movie fit into the time. Goblet was pretty good and I will probably see the Order of the Phoenix, I will just sigh when I realize they take out some interesting tidbit. I have to find Azkaban and watch it though, cause I think I missed it.
As for the results, I saw the Snape thing coming (and the view of Lily was nice). The wand ownership thing was pretty interesting. I like how Harry aquired the Deathly Hallows. Glad he was able to "see" his parents and some of the others who died again. The conversation with the Professor was interesting. Dobby-made me cry. Luna Lovegood and her father are funny. Good ole Neville :). The epilogue was a nicely wrapped present. The traveling around was maybe too drawn out, but some interesting things happened along the way so I won't complain too loudly. and Go Kreacher! I liked him even though he was a bugger in the Order. I was mad at one of the deaths in the fight at the end, but I loved Mrs. Weasley's response to Bellatrix threatening Ginny. All in all, I have to say "Well done J."
Well there is my take on the book, hopefully without giving too much away.


1 Comments:
At 2:01 PM,
April said…
I feel much the same as you about that book. Enjoyed it & felt it wrapped things up nicely all in all. I can't imaging having read it on the road like that. I just curled up for an entire evening on my couch. (I had to hurry because Brandon and Kirsten were lined up behind me.)
Post a Comment
<< Home